The product team here at BitTorrent doesn't just create products, we create the technologies that revolutionize the web we call home. We believe in a better Internet: one that's powered by people. At BitTorrent, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights informing product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our team is passionate about quality, usability, and performance. Come help us build exciting new products based on market research and user-centered design principles.
We are looking for a Mid-Level Visual Designer with 2-4 years of experience to serve as an individual contributor on our mobile and desktop products. You have a passion for user-centered designs, and a desire to build unified user experiences across different devices and products. You will be involved end-to-end in the design process including flows, hi-fidelity mocks, prototypes, design specs, and production assets.
* Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
* Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
* Create coherent design systems and component libraries.
* Present creative concepts and designs and communicate rationale to the team.
* Translate and extend the brand identity system to digital touch points.
* Collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, UX designers and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
* Develop product designs across web, desktop products, iOS, and Android to provide a consistent experience across platforms
* Adaptable. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
* Thorough at understanding of digital design principles i.e. photography, typography and color.
* Constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
* Comfortable with ambiguity, and a willingness to take on tasks outside your comfort zone. We're a startup, after all!
Please include your portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BitTorrent is an Internet technology company.