Job ID 00000125906 Date posted 07/10/2019 Location Renton, Washington, United States Company The Boeing Company
Identifies computing requirements and confers on system needs. Performs a multidisciplined range of technical systems and application activities. Installs, configures and maintains multiplatform systems hardware, software and components. Develops, designs, integrates and maintains all computer applications. Prepares release planning for software and hardware across the system. Ensures system conforms with architectural objectives. Evaluates complex system's production readiness and supportability. Performs the restoration of routine to complex computing service operations. Integrates security solutions into information systems.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Global IT Infrastructure Services currently has an exciting opportunity as a Mid-level Versatile Technologist in Renton, WA.
* Provide project leadership and technical expertise for the Information Technology infrastructure required for the implementation of factory automation projects and Internet of Things projects
* Conduct requirements analysis, design, integration, test, and deployment of factory automation and Internet of Things solutions
* Ensure project implementation meets business and information security requirements
This position is based in Renton, Washington; however, the statement of work includes multiple Boeing locations. The candidate must be able to commute among Boeing facilities within the Puget Sound Region. There will also be occasional travel to other Boeing sites outside Washington.
* This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.*
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
* 5+ years of experience with Windows System Administration
* Basic knowledge of local area networks, wireless network technologies, mobility solutions, innovative end point solutions, and converged server/storage solutions for data required to be local to manufacturing applications
* Technical Bachelor's Degree or greater (A Technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific, or information technology field of study)
* Experience providing IT support to production on the factory floor
* Experience in requirements specification for secure network connectivity solutions
* Experience deploying Information Technology infrastructure in support of building construction and modification
* Domain specific knowledge of aerospace factory environments, processes, and IT solutions
* Experience with robotics and control systems
* Knowledge of Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM)
* Experience deploying IT infrastructure or applications in factory environments and knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Experience with requirements, design, integration, test, and deployment of factory automation tools and Internet of Things solutions in factory and facility environments
* Experience with computer hardware/software
* Ability to design solutions and solve problems both individually and as a team
* Project management experience leading a portfolio of projects with a focus on managing requirements, schedule, technical, cost, and operational risks
* Strong communications skills required to provide regular updates to project sponsors and stakeholders
* Knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.