The product team here at BitTorrent doesn't just create products, we create the technologies that revolutionize the web we call home. We believe in a better Internet: one that's powered by people. At BitTorrent, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights informing product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our team is passionate about quality, usability, and performance. Come help us build exciting new products based on market research and user-centered design principles.
We are looking for a Mid-Level UX Designer with 2-4 years of experience to serve as an individual contributor on our mobile and desktop products. You have a passion for user-centered designs, and a desire to build unified user experiences across different devices and products. You will be involved in the end-to-end design process including high-level user stories, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and annotations.
* Collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
* Develop product designs across web, desktop products, iOS, and Android to provide a consistent experience across platforms
* Design based on known UI/UX conventions; meet design parity with existing industry leaders, and then iterate to delightful, innovative user experience unique to BitTorrent.
* Use research, market research analysis, prototypes, A/B tests and usability tests to guide design and development decisions
* Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
* Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
* Build strong relationships, influence and partnerships with stakeholders to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
* Understand the technical limitations behind your designs and can effectively communicate your designs to engineers
* Adaptable. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
* An expert in interaction design, information architecture, user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
* Constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
* Comfortable with ambiguity, and a willingness to take on tasks outside your comfort zone. We're a startup, after all!
Please include your portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BitTorrent is an Internet technology company.