* Primary Location: United States,New Jersey,Jersey City
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19010695
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Senior Java/Agile Developer
The position is required to care for day to day delivery work, embracing a robust agile process implementation, identifying epic/story risks and work on risk mitigation. This role will report to Technology Team lead in NJ.
* Candidate will work independently bring positive interpersonal relationship with others in communication and problem solving including with colleagues in other departments
* Applies technology skills and knowledge of the business to bring meaningful impact to meet client and business needs
* The candidate will contribute to complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
* Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources
* Requirement gathering & understanding, effort estimation, technical design, project planning and monitoring in Agile environment
* Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
* Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
* Customer interfacing - understand customer requirements, propose technical solutions
* Full Software Development Lifecycle (Agile)
* Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
* Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging / Test Driven Development / Continuous Integration
* Carry out adaptive changes necessitated by changes in Business Requirements and Technology
* Level 3 Support for Franchise Critical Applications
* Strong knowledge of Core Java, Java Collection framework and Multi-Threading
* Knowledge of design methodologies; design of complex multi-dimensional schema, (Design patterns)
* Working knowledge on GWT
* Knowledge of AngularJS would be a plus
* 5+ yrs. working experience in Java/J2EE
* Investment Banking Experience preferred, Strong SQL/Database. Able to work independently, good communication skills, has Knowledge of design methodologies
* Strong SQL Experience (table structures, data)
* Unit Testing Experience / Integration testing Experience (Cucumber etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science & Engineering. Master's Degree in Computer Science & Engineering is a plus
* Candidate should be willing to work early morning hours NY time on need basis in order to interact with India team and to meet urgent requests by Clients
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.