We are seeking a mid-level Java Developer to join our project team in building and implementing enterprise grade software systems. This role will coordinate multiple simultaneous software development project efforts and define best practices and standards. The ideal candidate will bring a diverse background of software engineering process and development experience.
As a leading provider of Information Technology, Training and Engineering services worldwide, our people play a critical role in helping our customers make better decisions while protecting our nation. We bring forward-looking business insights to strengthen communities and change lives. At Salient CRGT you will join talented people who are as passionate about their work as you are - analysts, programmers, systems/network administrators, engineers, trainers, communications specialists, project managers, and more. For the experienced professionals and veterans, we value your expertise and offer opportunities to share the most compelling projects. For students transitioning from college to work, explore the opportunities for college students and graduates.
* Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
* Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
* Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
* Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
* Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
* Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
* Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Minimum of 5 years software programming experience in a structured software development environment, including: Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging
* Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle
* Hands-on experience with Agile projects
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced work environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
* Agile Training or Certification is a plus
* Salient CRGT will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this opening
* The ability to obtain/maintain a Public Trust Clearance is required including residency in the United States a minimum of three (3) of the past five (5) years
* Involvement on IT projects supporting systems used by FDA's systems
* Agile training or certifications
* Experience implementing DevOps and Continuous Integration
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training-to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.