Mid level DSP and Communications Developer/Engineer(Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 216000
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
CACI is looking for new team members to join our SkyTracker Counter UAS/Drone group in either our Sterling VA or Sarasota FL locations. With our team you can expect to work with highly motivated technical teammates that will support and push you and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Make use of your Digital Signal Processing skills for the development of Sky Tracker family of systems that protect our war fighters and critical infrastructure from drone threats.
* Your signal processing and software development skills will be put into use in the design of new and advanced complex solutions to our customer needs and to exceed their expectations.
* Your primary focus on the team will be to further the capabilities of the Sky Tracker Signal processing baseline.
* New signal processing techniques.
* Optimize exiting methods.
* Develop new signal detectors, electronic attack methods and waveforms, and communication link exploitation.
More About the Role:
* Your responsibilities will be to enhance the software that powers the signal processing side of the Sky Tracker system.
* This enhancement will come in the form of both incremental improvements along with redesigns while working with a senior DSP engineer(s).
* This includes coding in C, C++, and Python for the most part. The work will be performed in the signal processing environments of X-Midas and M2Extra (government environments similar to GNU Radio and MATLAB).
* You may be called upon to assist with in depth analysis of RF data collected at various current, and new, customer sites to assist with the proper installation of sensor nodes.
* Help establish expected "real world" performance of the system(s).
* You will also be working across the various functional groups within Sky Tracker including Software Engineers and Systems Engineers.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain TS/SCI CI Poly clearance.
* Education: Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar.
* Experience: 5 - 8 years
* Software development experience.
* Advancing level of understanding of Signal processing and RF systems.
* Possible occasional travel (1-2 weeks) to assist in conducting hands-on equipment testing and field evaluation.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Desired experience with X-Midas, M2Extra, MATLAB, and/or GNU Radio
* Software Defined Radio (SDR) experience including receiver architectures, software channelization, modulation/demodulation techniques, spectral analysis, error correcting codes
* Reverse engineering of RF signals
* Electronic Attack methods based on an SDR platform
* JIRA/Confluence Experience
* Familiarity with Linux systems
* Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (such as: spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, or signal generator) in support of projects and/or Senior Technical staff activities
* Be able to perform at customers site(s) with limited remote support from other developers
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.