We're looking for someone who values their craft and is excited to be a part of our collaborative, challenge solving culture.
Kiip's mission is to be the rewards layer of the world. We've made it easy and fun to reward people for their achievements on many different platforms. We currently process billions of data points per month and are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who would like to help scale, process and analyze this data.
What we Offer:
Free employee health insurance
Catered daily lunches
Investment in professional development and training opportunities
Flexible work schedules
Dog friendly office
Quarterly employee events
* Collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality
* Create and contribute to large open source projects, like Vagrant
* Are great teachers and love to share their knowledge with others
* Are fun and awesome people to be around
* Are great students and are always trying to better themselves
* Code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Go, Java) and embrace the right tool for the right job
* Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs, and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes
* Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
* Contribute ideas and solutions as needed as Kiip's products are developed through 2017 and beyond
* Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialities
Technologies we use today:
* We use the right tool for the job and code in a variety of languages: Python, Go, C, and Erlang.
* We rely heavily on Amazon Web Services, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, Redshift, Graphite, and Statsd.
Skills & Requirements
* BS in Computer Science and 3 years additional, relevant experience
* Or Master's Degree with 2+ years relevant experience in software development of large distributed production systems
* Experience working in one or more of the following languages: Java, GO, Python, C++, C, Scala.
* Experience with Amazon cloud (AWS), Google cloud (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
* Experience in at least one of the following: Cassandra, NoSQL, Redis, Scylla, Dynamo, BigTable, CouchDB, MongoDB, or AeroSpike.
* Experience with Postgres or MySQL.
* Familiar with Scrum/Agile Methodologies.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
* Experience in participating in cross-functional development teams
* Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
* Experience in troubleshooting and tuning systems
* Good knowledge of Python and or Java
* Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
* Passionate about scaling software
* Fluent in written/spoken English
Applicants must already have permission to work in the US and be able to work from our SF Office (Flexible Hours). We are a very diverse organization and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality etc.
About Kiip (pronounced "keep"):
Every app has its moments, and Kiip's mission is to reward users during those times of achievement with valuable offers from major brands.
Kiip redefines how brands connect with consumers through a moment-based rewards platform that targets "achievement moments" in the apps people use every day. Rewards occur as a free Amazon MP3 when users beat a level in a mobile game, or as a bottle of Propel when users log a finished workout in a fitness app. By matching relevant brand offers to timely achievements, Kiip creates meaningful engagements between users, developers and advertisers. Kiip was named in "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" list in 2013 by Fast Company, a mobile titan by AdWeek and a top Silicon Valley startup by Business Insider.
As a Kiiper, you'd be able to have a huge impact from day one. Kiip is all about flexibility and letting people excel so there's no micro-managing and lots of freedom. Check out this New York Times article and this Nielsen report
Kiip redefines how brands connect with consumers through a moment-based rewards platform that targets 'moments of achievement' in the apps people use every day.