iOS Engineer, Growth | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution. Are you hungry to make an impact? Want to take a leading role in building product experiences reaching millions of people? Are you comfortable working in fast-paced environments? Then come join the Acorns growth team!
Acorns is seeking an experienced iOS engineer to join a cross-functional team focused on driving user and revenue growth. You will explore and deliver product experiences that improve Acorns' growth potential across on-boarding, referral, engagement, retention and revenue.
You will work with highly motivated product managers, analysts, marketers, and designers. Our projects range from small experiments in optimization to big swings at creating brand new user experiences. Your work will have a huge impact on helping everyday Americans to save and invest.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering, Growth and is based in Irvine, CA.
As an iOS Engineer on the Growth team, you will:
* Take a lead role in building an application which delivers delightful user experiences at scale including architecture proposals, code reviews and hands-on coding
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
* Collaborate frequently with other teams to design, develop, and ship high-quality app features
* Ensure that technical designs support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, maintainability, and security
* Design experiments and test features that power Acorns' growth and our mission to reach 100MM customers
* Help us scale our product and team to meet the ever-growing Acorns customer base
* Be exposed to a widely-used app and brand that is a household name
What we're looking for:
* 5+ years of software engineering experience
* Deep knowledge of native, data-driven iOS applications built in Objective-C and/or Swift
* Expertise in iOS architecture and design pattern
* Ability to weigh and communicate the pros and cons of different approaches
* Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS applications (point us to your work in the App Store)
* Experience build high-performance, dynamic UI programmatically using both conventional and autolayout strategies
* Experience implementing third-party SDKs on iOS (Social Media, Marketing/Crash Analytics, etc)
* Experience working with CoreData/NSManagedObject in a deployed application
* Solid understanding of Object Oriented (OO) application design and development, Cocoa Touch design patterns, algorithm design
* Experience working in a collaborative team environment with a version-control system like git
* Passionate about making high user impact and moving key metrics
* A BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school, but a wonderful project list is even better
Bonus points if you have:
* Coached/mentored individuals to grow in their career
* Developed testing suites for mobile applications
* Developed advanced animations & transitions using Core Animation, UIKit Dynamics
* Experience working with GraphQL and related concepts
* Run A/B tests and analyzed the results (specifically Optimizely)
* Understanding of growth-related metrics
* Contributed to an open-source software project
What we offer:
* Competitive salary and stock options
* A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
* Unlimited paid time off
* Corporate gym access
* Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
* Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
* Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
* The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
* Lead with heart
* Make bold decisions
* Always build trust
* Never stop growing
* Advance our society
Acorns is a finance company that allows individuals to round up purchases and automatically invest the change.