Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $43 billion in assets under management. Heitman's real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman's more than 320 employees offer specialized expertise - from a specific discipline to local insight.
Heitman is seeking a Microsoft BI Developer to join the Information Technology team in our Chicago office.
The Microsoft BI Developer focuses on building cutting edge business intelligence solutions using Power BI and other Microsoft BI tools (SSAS, Tabular, and PowerPivot). You will use your experience in data engineering and data visualization to work with clients across all areas of the business to help them become more data driven by providing timely, trustworthy data and insights. The BI Developer will design, test, and implement solutions related to the firm's Enterprise Information Management platform (EIM). This person will work closely with EIM Business Analyst, and BI Architect to expand the company's dashboards and data delivery.
The responsibilities of a Microsoft BI Developer include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with business users to analyze critical data and translate business requirements into technical, scalable specifications
* Works with the Business Development and EIM team to build out a global data platform, insuring integrity and governance around the firm's information
* Design, develop, test, and document new reports and dashboards.
* Evaluate/enhance existing reports and dashboards and recommend streamlined improvements
* Grow and Drive BI Process and Architecture
* Lead ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions
* Monitors production BI systems and use for performance, errors, and overall stability
* Ensures full documentation of all work products, including satisfaction of requirements in design specifications
* Researches new technologies, tools, and methodologies as they emerge and determine if they are applicable with ongoing development of standard methodologies for data movement and data quality
* Solid understanding of the following concepts:
* Data visualization and modeling
* ETL Design and Development
* Data lineage, integrity, and validation
* Data quality / clean up
* Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
* Relevant hands-on development experience in the following:
* Design and develop reports and dashboards using PowerBI
* Design and develop database stored procedures, functions, views and queries using various SQL standards (e.g. T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
* Experience in building and deploying parameterized reports and creating hierarchies using visualizations like bar charts, lines charts, pie charts and forecast charts using power BI.
* Craft custom visualizations using R-Script
* Experienced in Building DAX Expressions
* Experience on publishing Power BI reports and dashboards in Power BI service and Scheduling the dataset to refresh for upcoming data in power BI server
* Experience in generating Drill through and Drill down reports with Drop down menu option, sorting the data, and defining subtotals in Power BI.
* Able to work both independently and as a team member.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
* Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
* Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Proficient in SQL Server, Power BI, and the BI Stack.
* Knowledge of Yardi and Argus is a plus.
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select "careers" under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.