First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
As part of Digital Technology Team - Design, Develop and document micro service and system components consisting of several objects working together to execute an business function of the larger system. Interact with software architects or other Business /technical leader to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development. Interact with representatives of other cross functional teams to understand and/or recommend requirements and strategies for the project.
What you'll do as a Microservice Software Engineer:
* Work with the business and IT team to understand business problems, and to design, implement, and deliver an appropriate solution using Agile methodology across the larger program.
* Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain
* Work independently to implement solutions on multiple platform (DEV, QA, UAT , PROD)
* Provide technical direction, leadership, and reviews to other engineers working on the same project
* Implement and debug subsystems/micro service and components.
* Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers.
* Follows automate-first/automate-everything philosophy
* Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and Components, and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications
* Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
* Support management of the team's technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the systems engineer or another project leader
* Hands on in multiple programming paradigms, not limited to Object Oriented
What skills you will use:
* Required Skills/Experience
* 5+ years IT-Software/ Software products
* Bachelors in Science - Computer Science or equivalent
* Hands on experience with system programming, development of service/module type of applications in Java, Nodejs , and mainstream scripting.
* Preferred Skills/Experience
* Container style of programing preferred - Micro-services, Docker, Openshift
* Experienced across programming languages, patterns and data structures.
* Adequate hands on experience with Multi-Threaded development covering thread sync & synchronization, locks, database concurrency, Good knowledge and experience.
* Applied knowledge of Object Orientated programming concept (OOPS), Micro services, Operating System (OS) concept and UML
* Proficient with software Architecture, design patterns and strong demonstrated experience in building frameworks.
* Strong computer science background including distributed computing.
* Good knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
* Good knowledge of secure coding practices is a plus.
* Thorough understanding and hands-on experience in the development of all layers of enterprise applications to analyze system scalability, integration, and performance issues as well as internationalization utilizing either Unicode and/or multi-byte databases
* Good exposure of software development life cycle, development process flow and their tools usage
* Must be aware of Agile, Incremental or spiral development methodology
* Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and an ability to learn quickly
* Domain Knowledge in Financial Service is a plus
* Good communication skill to articulate views/thoughts with team and partners or customers without any gap
* Willingness and Ability to learn new technologies
* Expert knowledge of computer languages, data structures, program design methods and techniques.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex problems systematically
* Self-motivated, thorough, and methodical
* Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g. typical uses and user populations of operating systems, communications protocols, hardware platforms, etc.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.