At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels? Do you demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance and bring a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external partners? If so, we have a leadership role for you.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Analysis, Requirements, and Integration functional homeroom section manager for the Autonomous Division Center of Excellence to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
You will provide functional homeroom management of a team of systems engineers supporting systems analysis, requirements, and integration efforts on various Autonomous Systems and Advance Design programs. You will have a technical lead or individual contributor role on a program, which is expected to be roughly 80% of the individual's workload.
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS, REQUIREMENTS, AND INTEGRATION SECTION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Lead team of 10-15 systems engineers with grade level ranging from T01 through T05, including college and high school interns
* Provide personnel with career development, employee engagement, mentoring and coaching
* Coordinate with programs for staffing, recruiting, training, preparing and delivering performance evaluations to employees, evaluating/recommending employees for promotions, evaluating salaries and coordinating with Human Resources on potential adjustments, assisting employees in preparing performance goals, providing career guidance to employees and counseling employees on their performance as necessary
* Forecast and lead work load for each team member
* Develop and improve personnel and organizational technical skills
* Work with Human Resources to mediate and resolve personnel issues
* Ensure process alignment through the work of direct reports, supports program milestone reviews and deep dives, and assists in development and implementation of division objectives
* Work closely with managers of other engineering disciplines, program managers, and IPT leads
* Champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the division and sector
You should demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrate abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching. Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills are required.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo"
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
* Minimum of 5 years combined experience in any of the following: Systems Engineering, MBSE, System Integration, System Test, Software Test Engineering, Hardware Design Engineering, Software Engineering, and Quality and Process Engineering.
* Demonstrated system ownership experience in requirements analysis, architecture development, integration, or verification
* Active Secret clearance plus ability to obtain and maintain special program access with an investigation in the last 6 years
* 3 years of experience in lead or first level manager role in a technical engineering capacity
* Active DoD Top Secret clearance plus ability to obtain and maintain special program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.