Reporting to the Director of Safety Security & Emergency Management, the Manager of Security IT and FSOC oversees the daily operation of the Facilities Security Operations Center (FSOC). Responsible for the overall installation, supervision and maintenance of all security systems equipment and software in Institute owned and leased properties. This position is responsible for policies and procedures of the FSOC and the Training of dispatchers who operate the FSOC.
Under the direction of the Director of Security & Emergency Management, analyze, design, and develop systems that support Environmental Health and Safety and Security functions. The primary focus will be on the functionality of modules related to environmental health and safety management. These include chemical reporting, space management, incident reporting, and injury reporting functionality. Responsibilities include performing business requirements analysis, writing functional specifications, designing and configuring system and interface solutions, performing and/or leading system testing, developing and maintaining system documentation, developing and delivering training materials, providing go-live and ongoing operational support, leading projects, and developing and supporting automated QA testing. Will need to thoroughly understand the current system implementation and be able to identify areas for improvement and propose solutions and enhancements incorporating industry and system best practices.
This role works to build a cooperative and proactive department using current security and building system technologies to maintain a safe and secure environment for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute employees, patients, visitors and guests.
This role collaborates with key managers and directors throughout the Institute in establishing and facilitating a secure and safe environment. Also, this role works closely with the Lock shop, Environmental Health & Safety Department, Radiation Safety, Facilities Planning, Maintenance, Information Systems, and others as required. This role works closely with members of the Partners Information Services staff and maintains contact with them regarding impacts to computer networks.
Assist in the development of security system policies and procedures.
Responsible to continually evaluate existing and proposed security technology systems, balances safety and cost effectiveness, makes necessary improvements and makes recommendations to the Manager of Security for all technology-based systems and improvements. Strives to reduce the probability of incidents by maintaining current systems and technology.
* As assigned, will assist in the investigations of occurrences within the Institute and will assist as necessary in providing information needed to successfully complete these investigations.
* Responsible to maintain and held accountable for the departmental operating and capital budgets for security systems.
* Writes, prepares and implements procedures, policies, systems and capital projects to support the organization's on-going needs and strategic objectives.
* Develop and implement on-going improvement projects to enhance the operations of the security and safety of the Institute.
* Provide professional technical knowledge to committees and may be assigned by the Manager of Security to sit on committees and provide assistance.
* Direct the utilization and scope of contract security system services. Recommend security service vendors, supplies and equipment. Evaluate cost, time, and manpower estimates for all security projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety Security & Emergency Management.
A strong understanding of security systems and principles and 2 - 5 years experience in security systems and technology is preferred.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Information Systems or other related field is preferred.
Certification on Ccure 9000, Victor/Video Edge and similar technologies preferred