At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Manager Programs 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will manage all phases of the Low Observable Signature and Supportability Modifications (LOSSM) program for the B-2 Bomber. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance for multiple projects with a wide range of technologies that are in various stages of development and implementation. Participates in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Forecasts resource needs, coordinates staff planning, and collaborates with department homerooms to ensure properly trained/skilled team is available to execute contractual requirements. Manages a diverse team of project leads and directs the work of employees assigned to the program. Prepares and leads status and program briefings to Program Leadership and internal/external customers. Responsible for overseeing the earned value management system (EVMS) process for the program, ensuring that input from project leads and Cost Account Managers (CAMs) is timely and accurate. Implements and maintains a robust, proactive Risk/Opportunity Management process. Supports development of new business opportunities and expands current lines of business with the customer.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 5 years project management experience.
* Experience directly related to Survivability / Low Observables
* Prior experience in successful capture of new business and proposal operations, and in developing and implementing new technologies onto an existing platform
* Leadership experience and proven success leading teams to execute projects on schedule within budget
* Excellent written and verbal communication, mentoring experience, and exceptional interpersonal skills
* Experience with managing cost type contracts, earned value, risk management & management of suppliers
* Must have a current active DoD Secret clearance with an investigation date / periodic review within the last 6 years.
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain SAP/SAR access to programs.
* A Master's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
* Demonstrated ability to develop new project requirements and implementation strategies for diverse LO technologies
* Current SAP/SAR access to programs located at the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center
* Familiarity with the Low Observable customer community
* Knowledge of company best practices and government acquisition process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.