See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Technical Staff Manager to join our Systems Engineering team. In the role, you will provide guidance, leadership, and management to a team of up to 25 engineers. You will also serve as a valued Engineering advisor to the Electronic Systems sector's Systems Engineering organization.
The position requires strong interpersonal skills and technical leadership as you will be a key leader and mentor in the department, employing leadership, presence, and influence to foster teamwork and execution. You will provide oversight of the execution of Systems Engineering principles and practices throughout all phases of the lifecycle, including process tailoring, architecture development and review, requirements development, design, integration and test, transition to production, and product support.
* Group staffing, recruiting, and workforce planning
* Developing individual and group goals and objectives
* Communicating flow-down
* Collecting and providing performance feedback
* Career mentoring including development of career and training plans
* Ensuring group members adhere to BAE's cultural principals, policies, and vision
* Tracking program execution through metrics and technical reviews
* Providing technical support to programs through proposal and cost estimation reviews, participation in independent design reviews, architecture review boards and other technical reviews
* Managing engineering initiatives
About Bae Systems
BAE Systems engages in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems used in the air, on land, at sea, and in space.