Mgr II Systems Engineering - Section Manager
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon's Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
The Radar Systems Department in SADID has the charter to provide large scale radar system design and development across a large portfolio of programs. The department is in need of a Section Manager at our Tewksbury, MA location. The Section Manager is required to provide guidance, leadership and management to a section of 15 to 20 Engineers. The manager will be responsible for the sustainment, assessment and development of the section, and will ensure the Section adheres to Raytheon policy, vision, values and goals. The Section Manager will be part of the Radar Systems Department Leadership team.
Specific Section Manager duties include:
* Communications Flow-Down to the section and up to the department and directorate levels
* Workforce planning; developing and managing job requisitions, conducting interviews, making hiring decisions and onboarding employees
* Preparation of budgets, schedules, etc as required to manage support to programs
* Delivering performance feedback, conducting career development discussions and developing career growth plans
* Ensuring organization adheres to Raytheon policies
* Support proposal development
* Technical and other problem resolution
* Technical contributions to one or more programs within the charter of the department
* 8+ years' experience in Systems Engineering
* Prior experience with the development of radar system and/or program/project management
* Bachelor of Science in engineering discipline, Computer Science, Math, or Physics
* Current Secret Clearance
* Experience with providing measurable improvements to new products, processes and operational plans
* Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with subordinates, customers, and other Raytheon organizations
* Experience with BOE creation, white and blue sheets and proposal cost and technical development
* Experience with driving cost out of the design and development process
* Understanding of the system engineering development processes (development of A, B2 and B5 requirements, ConOps, System Architecture documents, SEMP, etc)
* Ability to implement strategic goals for the organization
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com .
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
* Follow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
* Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
137410BR 137410 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.