Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Radar Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) organization is seeking committed engineering leaders who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter. This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
This Section Manager role needs to possess working familiarity with RF sensors as well as experience in end-to-end System Engineering including systems architecture, requirements management, mode development, integration, and verification of radar systems. The ideal candidate will possess experience as a technical leader that can drive technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors and lead identification and resolution of technical issues. The candidate must also possess a working familiarity with the execution of technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMS) and Independent Reviews (IRs) for gates. Additionally, the ability to establish a technical baseline and manage the maturity through pursuit, proposal, and execution phases of a Program are part of the desire qualifications.
The SM activities include career development and performance evaluations of their people, resource allocation, championing best engineering practices, actively engaging with programs to facilitate and ensure proper execution, and functional development of proposals. The SM ensures two-way communication for section members, serves as a day to day liaison to the programs ensuring successful technical, cost and schedule parameters, as well as overseeing section member job assignments, performance and recognition.
Responsibilities include coordinating program staffing needs and optimizing staffing across skills and experience to meet demand for multiple programs. In addition, the SM will team with the Department Manager in the execution of the Center and SAS Engineering goals, and will be expected to actively participate in Department and Center level meetings. The SM, like their section members, should have demonstrable expertise in RF systems, system engineering, and production support as well as leadership experience. Section managers will engage regularly with program IPTLs in producing EACs and proposals (as needed), and will facilitate the department/center level approvals of such. Section Managers will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps for their capabilities and for technical leadership of the section. Organization, and strong communication skills are required for regular day to day face time with Operations, Chief Engineers, Department Managers, and Program Managers to ensure proper support to the development efforts. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Actively engaging with programs, ensuring program execution success in meeting technical, cost and schedule requirements
* Serves as engineering liaison to programs, development of proposals;
* Oversight of section member job assignments, performance, evaluations, recognition, and career development;
* Coordinating programs staffing needs and optimizing staffing across skills and experience to meet demands for multiple programs
* Champion of Engineering best practices
* Manages a small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced professionals
* Minimum 8 years of related engineering work experience in end-to-end System Engineering
* System level operation for RF system products and System level test
* Proven leadership skills and experience such as leading an Integrated Product Team (IPT) or Cross Product Team (CPT)
* Experience with proposal preparation
* Demonstrated team player and team builder, have effective verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate good interpersonal skills
* Experience mentoring and providing career development direction to junior engineers
* Advocate for the application of systems engineering across the entire product life cycle
* Experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with internal resources
* Mentoring and providing career development direction to junior engineers
* Must have an existing Active Secret and have ability to readily obtain SSBI security clearances
* U.S. Citizenship
* Bidding and proposal experience to foster new technologies and business growth
* Demonstrated strong judgment and decision making abilities
* Able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and priorities
* Willingness to anticipate, drive and foster change management
* EVMS & Program Execution Experience
* Schedule (IMS/IMP) development for Program planning and execution
* Model Based System Engineering
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline; advanced degree(s) preferred
Desired Education: Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
139594 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.