The IT Compute team leader is responsible for and oversees all activities to provide the strategic direction and execution of the team in India. This leader will partner with several IT functional team leaders to deliver and support the overall Compute objectives. Additional accountabilities include delivering new functions on time with high quality, supporting existing functionality, fostering innovation and with a focus on people growth.
Scope of Responsibilities / Expectations
* Manage Compute team staff in India Design Center, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, and performance management
* Partner with IT functional leaders and Business Relationship Managers to create and manage execution of goals for various segments of the design center
* Oversee the delivery of Compute team's features and functionality per agreed upon schedule with high quality
* Engage the site AGILE practice, scrum teams, DevOps and CI/CD for developing new functions and supporting existing functionality
* Develop and implement forward-thinking improvements that enable ITs ability to deliver more with greater quality and business value.
* Collaborate well with third party contracting companies who also support the IT functions
* Innovate ways to maximize the engagement of local teams with leaders of offshore teams
* Develop next level leadership to help manage the workforce effectively
* Run the site like a business, manage financial aspects of the IT site, including purchasing, forecasting, budgeting, and budget review
* Foster a culture of innovation that creates positive business impact
* Proven experience as a Manager in IT or Technology field
* Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
* Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
* A strong strategic and business mindset
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.