How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job Description: The candidate must be an innovative, enthusiastic, and collaborative individual to manage the IDS Technical Research and Assets Department (TRAD) and professional staff. The individual must thrive within a global context and collaborate across the business and enterprise in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have a vision and strategy to increase the impact of the Technical Research team and envision innovative ways to continue to provide library services to IDS in the future.
* The IDS Technical Research and Assets Department provides research and materials to further the goals of the Integrated Defense System of Raytheon Company. The TRAD maintains a technical Library, which is integrated enterprise wide across Raytheon.
* Partner with other organizations to promote the research resources and the expertise of the librarians
* Eight (8+) years of research and/or Library experience including supervisory experience
* Experience assessing trends and potential value and impact of new technologies on existing systems
* Knowledge of and experience with library operations and library and information technology issues
* Experience using the latest technology as an information access enabler
* Experience in a corporate library setting
* Excellent customer service orientation, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with employees at all levels in the organization
* Encourages staff development, teamwork and collaboration
* Budgeting and negotiating skills
* Leadership, including the ability to inspire teamwork within a collaborative environment
* Marketing of library services
* Ability to work with all types of people and organizations within Raytheon
* Initiative - able to work without direct supervision
* Adaptability, creativity, innovation and problem solving
* Appreciation for diversity of thought, culture and skills
* Excellent research skills
* Knowledge of the resources covering the defense industry
* Knowledge of the defense budget, contract awards, and the procurement process
* Experience with content licensing and contract management
* Experience with competitive intelligence
* Knowledge of engineering and scientific resources
Required Education (including Major):
Masters of Library Science
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly regarded organizations. The list includes; Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 138331BR 138331
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Publications & Graphic Arts
Research & Development
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.