As a Section Lead in FAST Labs Software Engineering, you will manage a group of software engineers, providing them mentoring, career development and periodic feedback as well as ensuring they are adequately staffed on programs. You will also be an active member of the FAST Labs Software Engineering leadership team, helping to shape the culture and ensuring that staffing and technical needs of the business areas are met.
This position primarily supports the FAST Labs Cyber Technology (CT) Product Line. In your Software Engineering role, you will lead the development software in support of cyber security research. CT's focus areas include cyber vulnerability research; automated reverse engineering; cyber-attack prediction; insider threat detection; autonomous systems; development of technology to defend hosts, networks, enterprises, vehicles, Internet of Things, SCADA systems, and cyber-physical systems from cyber threats.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you'll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing.
* Lead and manage a staff of approximately 6-9 Software Engineers.
* Work with program managers and line managers to ensure the division's software resources are skilled to support the program's needs.
* Work with Program Management to forecast software manpower requirements
* Provide mentorship to direct reports and take ownership of their performance, engagement and career development.
* Monitor staff time reporting.
* Responsible for conducting performance evaluations for appraisal cycle.
* 25% of this position will be spent on Management the remaining will be Software Engineering.
* Responsible for analyzing the design and development of software prior to implementation.
* Work with Scientists to ensure software development meets research requirements.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.