Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand "anything" network. We're the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We're looking for people who aren't afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Merchant Team is responsible for managing and aggressively growing Postmates top line revenue while delivering a world-class merchant experience.
As a member of this team, you'll work closely with the merchant, product, and engineering organization to architect, implement and grow our solutions engineering function.
You Will :
* Design and implement our solutions engineering playbook.
* Instrument best practices in scoping, documentation, and development.
* Craft technical content to represent our integration capabilities.
* Hire additional team members in line with customer growth.
* Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
* Act as technical support to the Sales and Account Management resources within the business when dealing with existing clients and prospects.
* Understand, scope and deliver Solutions (including Statements of Work) based upon use-cases presented by clients and/or prospects.
* Provide technical guidance to customers attempting to leverage the Postmates Developer tools
* Lead the RFP / RFQ and Security Assessment process from within the business.
* Point of sale system integration and workflow management.
To succeed in this role, you will lean on your:
* 5 + years experience as a sales engineer (marketplace business preferred)
* Previous experience building solutions engineering functions within fast-growing software companies, including management of staff.
* A passion to serve the customer and genuine interest in sales processes, with client-facing experience, ideally sales engineering or customer support
* An ability to succinctly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, instilling confidence and trust in the customer
* Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
* Education: Computer Science / Computer Engineering Degree and/or practical experience working across a diverse range of technologies
* Experience with scoping and managing system integrations and creating SOW documentation for clients
* Experience in managing / contributing to RFP / RFQ and Security Assessment documents
* Experience in providing technical support
* Strong understanding of API / cloud infrastructure
* Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to convert technical knowledge into plain language for prospects, clients, and staff
* Familiarity with Python, Go and/or Elixir.
Postmates is a company developing an urban logistics and on-demand delivery platform.