Partners Data Systems
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Masters Degree in Data Science, Information Management, Healthcare Information, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related field. Eight (8) years progressively responsible experience in database design, logical/physical data modeling/design, data security and ETL development. May consider a Bachelor's degeeas stated aboveand ten (10) years experience.
Advanced Knowledge of Allscripts (or other needed) - EPSI Cost Accounting Software and Microsoft SQL Server Coding and Database Engineering are required. Microsoft SQL Certifications is preferred. CPA License preferred.
* Focuses on designing, implementing, and maintaining a best-in class infrastructure of EPIC and PeopleSoft data, with strict availability and performance requirements. Includes both Hospital and Professional Data sets
* Extracts with Microsoft SQL Server, relevant data from various sources and joins the data and information into databases.
* Works with system users to make recommendations, receive feedback, and test additions and/or enhancements to automated database systems so that systems are updated, tested, developed, and implemented.
* Abstracts data, reconciles data inconsistencies, enhances data to meet Allscripts EPSI, other software table requirements and performs results analysis.
* Manages the design and implementation of security and data access methods to ensure system is properly controlled, monitored and audited.
* Develops and implements maintenance and administration procedures for Allscripts EPSI , or other software to ensure optimal performance.
* Proactively monitors systems to determine early warning signs of issues.
* Creates, documents and maintains data dictionaries, SQL processes and Allscripts EPSI, or other software processes.
* Investigates performance anomalies and performs root cause analysis on identified issues with data sources, data queries or final financial reports.
* Develops Quality Control methods from the original data sets, through SQL processing, through EPSI table entry, EPSI processing and final financial reporting.
* Trains and works with team members to educate the department for cross training for project security and continuity purposes.
* Works with Executive Management on the all project results and reporting. Also responsible for report and results publishing to executive and departmental customers.
* Works with Executive Management to develop business Logic, SQL query code and analytical reporting to support the calculation of monthly collection rates and subsequent revenue accruals for each of our 26 Academic Medicine Departments. This includes the Journal Entry formation into PeopleSoft.
* Ensures that all the data and PHI information is protected according to UTSW policies.
* Performs other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Work requires knowledge of relational databases, query reporting and report specifications development.
* Work requires knowledge of database and report writing software (i.e. Access, Business Objects, Power BI or Crystal).
* Work requires strong Microsoft Office skills. (Spreadsheets, Pivot Tables, Tables, Advanced Formulas)
* Work requires analytical problem solving skills and attention to details.
* Work requires ability to coordinate and work independently on projects.
* Work requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external contacts concerning general policies and procedures.
* Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
* Ability to plan and organize work in logical and efficient manner.
Work is performed primarily in general office environment.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.