As an Akamai Media Operations Engineer you will be an integral member of a team responsible for in-depth problem analysis, technical and management escalation to drive quick resolution of highly technical, complex media delivery issues. You will be supporting customers' technical operations teams in identifying issues, resolving, or participating in a cross-functional team to drive resolutions. In addition, you will participate in design and configuration matters to correct or optimize media performance. Direct involvement and participation with other customer facing organizations.
You will work closely with various support teams and engineering to share knowledge, deliver the best possible service for our customers, and improve Akamai by developing ideas. As a lead member of the team, you will help drive a highly collaborative environment to deliver customer service excellence.
* Utilize the Broadcast Operations Control Center's suite of tools to closely monitor our customers' streaming workflows and services
* Quickly diagnose issues encountered during live streaming events
* Work to resolve technical issues related to Akamai's products and infrastructure.
* Work independently with our customers' technical teams on both pre- and post- sales technical issues. The investigation of technical issues may involve complex data analysis from Akamai's distributed network and an in-depth examination of the interaction between Akamai and the customer's infrastructure.
* Demonstrate leadership and work independently to resolve complex technical problems, including escalations to our product support engineers.
* Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service, as well as participate in knowledge sharing through the creation of knowledge base articles.
* Work as a technical resource on complex issues.
About the Team
You will be part of Akamai's best-in-class Broadcast Operation Control Center Team supporting our global customers. As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent customer support.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information System, another related field or its equivalent.
* 1+ year of experience with video encoding and streaming formats and protocols (e.g. HLS, MPEG-DASH, Video codecs)
* 1+ year experience with one or any of the following technologies:
* 1+ year experience with streaming (Flash, HTTP Live Streaming, etc.)
* 1+ year experience with Web Services (SOAP, XML)
* 1+ year experience configuring web servers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support
* 1+ year experience with dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc.)
* 1+ year experience with SQL and databases
* 1+ year experience network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and troubleshooting tools (e.g. Wireshark)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to disseminate information in a clear and correct manner to business and technical audiences
* Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to positively influence the actions of others, working as a team player
* Great problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex, highly technical issues, often under time pressure
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
* Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do, striving for results constantly
* Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or Java preferable)
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.