Search for more jobs
MATLAB Test Frameworks Software Engineer
* Job: 20106-BHAM
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
You will work with a team of engineers focused on developing and evolving automated test frameworks for MATLAB, the world's premier scientific computing language. A passion for test focused software development practices and a penchant for software architecture and craftsmanship are ideal for this position. Come help develop interfaces, tools, and infrastructure that promote development of software that is testable and of high quality.
In this position, you will work with the test frameworks team to help improve automated testing workflows in MATLAB. Responsibilities will include design and development of next generation tools and interfaces for sophisticated testing paradigms (e.g., xUnit-style test frameworks, mocking frameworks), identification and implementation of changes to the product under test for increasing testability, and contributions to the long term automated testing vision and strategy of the company. You will guide and mentor other developers as well as quality engineers across all product areas on automated testing-related issues.
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* 3+ years experience in Software Quality Engineering or Software Engineering
* Experience using or developing one or more xUnit frameworks such as JUnit, NUnit, python's unit test module (pyUnit), GoogleTest
* Experience using or developing a mocking framework such as EasyMock, mockito, PowerMock, or GoogleMock a plus
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.