77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Systems Integrator
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products?
We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
The Manager of Systems Integration will support/lead the technical design and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems with a focus on delivering efficient, reliable, resilient, scalable, and high performing solutions. The resource is accountable for partnering with various teams (internal and 3rd party technical teams) in identifying options, driving reviews and detailed analysis, developing solutions and providing technical direction.
* Manages complex troubleshooting efforts that cross multiple platforms and technical disciplines
* Strong understanding of the business. Able to quickly understand business needs and translate these needs into technical solutions
* Implements standard patterns and solutions to increase design and implementation efficiency
* Recognizes and implements automation opportunities
* Actively solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements
* Assimilate information and requirements from a variety of sources into one comprehensive view
* Very strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal IT, third party vendors, and business partners
* Learn & analyze complex, interconnected business processes / systems
* Translate requirements into technical specs for core IT teams to figure out how we are going to reach a solution
* Manage multiple tasks / projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Focus on reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the solution
* Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with teams to find creative solutions
* Educate team members (including BSA's, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
* Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
* Understanding of common network protocols, system admin and application development
* Agile Development Methodology experience strongly desired
* Bachelor's degree or Military experience
* At least 3 years of experience in data development
* At least 2 years of experience working on data integrations
* At least 2 years in an internal or external consulting experience.
* 5+ years' First Data Core billing experience
* 2+ years' experience with Relational Database solutions and SQL
* 2+ years' experience Credit Card Processing Operations (Origination, Customer Management, Collections, Fraud, etc.)
At this time, Capital One will NOT sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.