1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
Do you want to re-imagine how finance works and build great products that users love? This may be the place for you, if:
* You're passionate about engineering and obsess about code quality, performance, and CI/CD
* You like to work with modern architecture and latest open source technologies: Microservices, Docker, Angular,Nodejs,Java, Python, Spark, and many many more
* You take an interest in infrastructure resiliency and how your code actually works at runtime: OS, network, and AWS cloud
* You thrive in a continuously learning and collaborative environment by reviewing other's code and asking them to do the same for you.
* You own your work by building systems to succeed in production, and you fix them when they don't
What You'll Do:
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
* Continuously improve software engineering practices
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 7 years of experience in Java
* At least 4 years of experience using database technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL)
* At least 2 years of experience with Single Page Application Development (Angular, REACT, Vue)
* At least 1 year of experience with AWS or Azure or GCS
* At least 2 years of Agile experience
* 10+ years experience in software development
* 3+ years experience in microservices architecture
* Proficiency in working with the Spring Boot
* 3+ years experience with Angular
* 4+ years of experience with Microservices and Devops Practices
* 1+ year of experience leading a development team of 5-6 engineers
* 2+ years years of experience building production applications on AWS
* Certified AWS Developer or Architect (Associate)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.