LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
This position is the lead for planning/scheduling on the Distributed Aperture Infrared Countermeasure (DAIRCM) II program. The candidate shall architect, prepare and develop a compliant Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute and meet all program strategic objectives for the duration of the program. The candidate will oversee Earned Value Management System (EVMS) performance tracking and reporting while providing related guidance to the various Cost Account Managers (CAMs). This individual shall work with the technical community, operations community and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline. In addition, the candidate shall interface with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the program's planning integrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide scheduling and planning for major and/or strategic programs as assigned
* Develop schedules that include project phasing, project milestones, and represent critical relationships between program tasks as required to plan, coordinate, and visualize all significant program activities
* Develop Network Diagrams to identify available Slack/Float
* Preparation of presentable Gantt, PERT, and resource utilization charts to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas
* Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication and provide feedback on program performance
* Identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts
* Support the Program Manger in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and lead in the development of schedules (including resource loading) for identified WBS elements
* Work with Project Manager and Program Finance to develop ETCs, EACs and Variance Reports
* Works with management team to ensure the schedule/program plan is executable (cost, schedule and technical requirements are fully integrated) and executing as planned
* Apply Critical Path Methodology in schedule network development and analysis and report results to Project Team
* Incorporate Earned Value financial data (EV/BCWP, AC/ACWP) into IMS and analyze Earned Value monthly data Schedule Variance (SV,SPI)
* Provide weekly /monthly project status updates including Earned Value Performance as appropriate
* Perform Risk Analysis and Risk Planning on the schedule
* Advises management of risks that may affect project profit, costs, and schedules
* Work with Project Team to develop Recovery Plans
* Configuration Management duties related to maintaining Program IMS data
* Provide schedule related guidance during program level exercises such as Rolling Waves, Internal Re-plans, etc.
* Interacts across a variety of program functional organizations such as engineering, procurement, contracts, business management and production
* Participate in Program Proposal process with Business Development team
* Assembles and compiles schedule data and inputs same into the project schedule and provides output to the Program Manager
* Must understand the various contract types, i.e. cost plus, T&M, FFP and ensure that all requirements of the prime contract are understood
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
* Other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline
* A minimum of 8-10 years' experience in Program Planning & Scheduling
* Demonstrated knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
* Expertise with Critical Path Methodology
* Expert knowledge of Primavera and Microsoft Project
* Successful track record as part of a Project Management Team
* Experienced in Schedule Analysis
* Familiarity with PMI and related Project Management and Scheduling best practices
* Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Desired working knowledge of ANSI/EIA - 748 (EVMS Guidelines)
* Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. (up to once per week).
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS