Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career level (typically 9 - 15 years of professional experience) Master Program Planner professional who wants to join our mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Integrated Enterprise Planning Team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Based out of either Littleton, CO or Sunnyvale, CA, in this Program Planning role you will support the Lockheed Martin Space Program Planning organization with two primary areas of focus.
1) Providing functional support as a Program Planning Subject Matter Expert (SME) that deploys to programs across all lines of business in support of proposal and program start-up planning activities. This role will provide a level of expertise that improves a program's preparation and performance by instituting best practices early in the program life cycle and providing leadership direction to the program planning team for successful program execution.
2) Providing operational and technical support for the enterprise platform of planning tools and processes across all lines of business. Selected candidate will provide support and guidance to LM Space programs for our common planning tool Microsoft Project Server (MSPS) and its supporting applications. Must have advanced knowledge of MSPS and its features, including the ability to research and de-bug non-standard issues when they arise.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong background in program planning as it relates to the development and management of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and its alignment with industry standards for program performance management compliance. You will be responsible for program outreach and communication and building strong and effective relationships with program personnel. This position requires a high level of customer service and strong communication/networking skills to interface with senior and executive management as well as program personnel across all functional teams including finance, planning, operations, subcontracts and engineering. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented and highly innovative in order to serve as a project manager working with the IT developers and our internal customers to translate business needs into IT solutions with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* Must have a Bachelors degree
* 5-8 years of prior program planning experience
* Previous aerospace planning/ scheduling experience in a lead role on programs requiring EVMS
* Previous experience working competitive proposals as a lead in developing the Integrated Management Plan / Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS)
* Must be a United States citizen
* Must be able to obtain TS/SCI w/poly
* Current TS/SCI w/Poly
* Expert knowledge in Earned Value Management
* Expert in Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong influencing and relationship management skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
* Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
* Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
* Experience with @Risk, Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro, Acumen
* Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
* Experience with Data Driven Metric compliance requirements and surveillance
* Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.