Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build, and protect, a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Space. Here, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our team in Littleton, CO seeks an early to mid-career level Program Planner to support a new program within the Military Space Line of Business that will have the size and scope to offer valuable career development experiences. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn and thrives in a fast-paced environment, who leads by example, and has the uncanny ability to influence and cultivate collaboration and teamwork, this is an exceptional opportunity for you to further advance your career as a Program Planner. This position will require the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
What will this role typically involve?
* You will collaborate with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while working within the planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
* You will create and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
* You will work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between partners
* You will assist in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
* You will serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
* You may also support intermittent work at our Sunnyvale facility as well
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9-15 years of professional experience.
Position is contingent upon program contract award expected by September 2019.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
* Paid time off
* 25 three-day weekends
* Work/life balance
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* 3-5 years of experience as a Program Planner
* Experience with a scheduling tool such as MS Project (preferred), RTP, Primavera, ProjectView, or comparable scheduling tool
* Prior experience creating and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule Network
* Earned Value Management experience
* Ability to perform typical schedule integrity checks and critical path analyses
* Must be a United States citizen
* Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
* Bachelors degree
* Active Top Secret clearance
* Advanced to expert knowledge of a scheduling tool such as MS Project (preferred), RTP, Primavera, ProjectView, @Risk, Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro
* Strong influencing and relationship management skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
* Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
* Experience in integrated cost/ schedule techniques
* Experience with Schedule Risk Assessments (Monte Carlo simulations)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.