McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Data Engineer - Card Technology
Capital One (yes, the "what's in your wallet?" company!) is rethinking the way the world approaches banking. As a Capital One Data Engineer, you will develop fast data infrastructure leveraging Apache Spark, Databricks, and Apache Kafka to manage and create information products using the data streamed from our fleet of over 2000 ATM's. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you will lead your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, all while learning and growing your skills. Most importantly, you'll work and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
The person we're looking for:
* has a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
* is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
* is deliriously customer-focused
* values data and truth over ego
* has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
* believes that good software development includes good testing, good documentation, and good collaboration
* has great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
* Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
* At least 3 year of experience with leading big data technologies such as Apache Spark,Apache Hadoop, or Apache Kafka
* At least 4 years of professional experience with data engineering concepts
* 2+ years experience with AWS cloud
* 2+ years of experience in Java, Scala, or Python
* 2+ years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
* 2+ years of experience building data pipelines
* At least 1 year of Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) development experience
* Experience with Streaming and/or NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.) a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.