Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Data Engineer
The Card Partnerships engineering team is a highly collaborative and passionate group. We love solving hard problems that have a major impact for our customers and partners. We are seeking Data Engineers who can operate with a high degree of autonomy and work with our digital engineering teams towards building ground breaking capabilities and transformative customer experiences.
* Development - At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To tame it all, we're AWS environment and using tools like Spark, Lambda, Python, Scala, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, PostgreSQL - and we're on the look-out for anything else that will help us.
* Data Modeling - Apply your expertise to help model structured and unstructured data. Own these models at a high level, and consult with feature teams to help them model applications.
* Data Integration - Plan and build data integrations between systems. Figure out the best way to share information and build the tech needed to execute.
* Data Stewardship - Own the data definitions and lineage across our organization. Define systems of record, catalog operational and nonoperational data stores. Consult with features teams on how to get the data they need.
* Mentoring - Help teach other team members about data architecture, and also be a consultant for developers who need help with data.
* Engineer capabilities and pipelines for big data ,machine learning solutions and running high-end data analytics
Who you are:
* A hands on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its data problems
* Work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
* Provide guidance to business and tech partners on best methods to engineer data processes
* Code and Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery
* A high level thinker who still wants to do hands on work and stay at the cutting edge of technology
* You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
* Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
* You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
What we have:
* Full support of our leadership
* A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
* Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
* Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
* Openness to new technologies and approaches
* Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
* At least 10 years of experience in data development
* At least 5 years of experience working on data integrations
* 3+ years experience with Ab Initio, DataStage or Informatica
* 2+ years experience developing and maintaining a complex data lineage
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.