MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web, mobile and desktop platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
Marquee product designers have tremendous responsibility in shaping the team's strategic vision, understanding and communicating user needs, and working with teams across the firm to prototype and build new digital experiences. We are looking for an experienced product designer who enjoys translating complex user needs into intuitive, simple, and impactful products. The product designer will partner with product managers, developers and our sales and trading teams on key initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders to identify the problem, desired outcome and new opportunities.
* Develop strategy, approach and timelines for design projects in collaboration with product management and engineering.
* Move design projects through the product design process, including discovery, concept, detailed design and implementation, facilitating progress at each stage.
* Apply quantitative and qualitative user research methods iteratively to gain insights that guide your design decisions.
* Analyze and visualize user journeys, flows, processes and relationships.
* Design, visualize and communicate the user experience for our products through concepts, maps, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity visuals and other artifacts.
* Apply a system and platform-thinking approach resulting in design patterns that fit well into the larger component-based product ecosystem.
* 5+ years industry experience in product design.
* A portfolio that demonstrates the experience in designing and shipping large-scale product releases.
* Strong knowledge of UX principles and how they apply across web, desktop and mobile.
* Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to work in a commercially focused, fast-paced environment.
* Team player: Comfortable collaborating with fellow designers to deliver the best outcome.
* Strong understanding of the product design process.
* Ability to apply and facilitate iterative discovery, design thinking and co-creation methodologies.
* Ability to understand, balance and solve for both business and user needs.
* Experience with Sketch and Invision, as well as design systems.
* Strong design leadership skills: Capable of advocating for quality design while also acknowledging the constraints.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
* Experience with working in agile development environments, ideally in-house within an integrated product, engineering, and design team.
* Experience with user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing.
* A passion for technology and a keen interest in financial markets, trading and math.
* Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
* Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
* Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.