Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM)
QAPM is a newly formed division that provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients: ISGT, CPT, MSIM, MSWM Tech, ED&S, and TIR. QAPM's goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
The primary focus of this role is to work as part of the Real-time Market Data ( support team providing assistance and escalation for end users, other IT groups and third party vendors.
This team acts as the primary interface for all service related requests and issues coming into the Market Data group.
The successful candidate should have in-depth knowledge of Market Data processing technologies, preferably acquired by working within an Investment Banking environment. Excellent communication skills, broad sense of ownership and proactively are a must.
* Act as an interface into the Market Data group for all issues and requests. Be accountable for all real-time Market Data operations issues, take ownership and be proactive. Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously is an absolute prerequisite for this role
* The role is a level 2 hands on support role. The candidate must resolve issues on their own with minimal escalations to L3(Development/Engineering)
* Provide technical support for all Market Data services within the environment. Candidates must be proficient in the core systems supported by the group and carry out sufficient analysis to either resolve the issue or escalate it to the appropriate group.
* Develop strong relationships with other service personnel ensuring that issues are addressed in the most expedient and effective manner and that users are kept updated at all times- Provide the technical point contact for external vendors who deliver products and services to the company.
* Maintain the Operational Call Queue ensuring that all calls are dealt with in a professional and efficient manner in accordance with any Service Level Agreements in place.
* Work within a team environment, develop and implement best practices and procedures that will ascertain high quality of service.
* Establish and document procedures which accurately reflect the roles and responsibilities of the group, escalation paths and primary functions.
* Develop clear and accurate documentation to reflect up to date representation of the environment. Create run-books suitable for self-training of new members of the group.
* At least 3 years Level serving in a 2/3 Application Support position
* At least 2 years experience with Unix/Linux operating platforms
* Strong Unix shell scripting skills. Perl programming is a big plus.
* Knowledge of Unix surveillance and troubleshooting tools ( netstat, mpstat) and file search facilities (grep, awk).
* Familiarity with Unix system administration and security
* Experience with Network and real-time messaging technologies
* Multicast, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP plus client-developed data distribution platforms
* Good network diagnostic skills
* Knowledge of the Exegy/Redline vendor system a plus
* Knowledge of Perl, Python
* Knowledge of SQL
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.