As Managing Architect of Infrastructure Services, you will lead initiatives related to virtualization, Windows, DR and datacenter operations technologies. In this role, you will provide leadership to the infrastructure services team and external partners while collaborating with technology leadership. You will play a key role in identifying opportunities, requirements and solutions to execute the enterprise technology strategy to support business growth, with the introduction of new systems and technologies
Additionally, you will:
* Act as a subject matter expert and create both short and long-term Infrastructure/IaaS (Cloud) technology roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic requirements, technology context and business needs
* Build relationships and work with Managed service provider(s) to ensure performance and reliability SLAs are being met and guide architectural changes
* Ensure all computer hardware and enterprise applications operate reliably and effectively as per Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Drives implementation of high availability and disaster recovery methodologies
* Lead infrastructure projects to ensure that they are properly prioritized, are completed on time and within budget
* Design and implement end-to-end infrastructure solutions including, compute, storage on cloud or on-prem
* Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the virtual infrastructure design, integration, and operations
* Provision VMs, automate provisioning, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable release and deployment automation pipeline
* Design security solutions around Microsoft platform and experience with other vendor solutions leveraging security features for the platform
* Take over operational administration and engineering tasks when needed
* Work closely with other technology domain leads/architects to deliver technology architecture and solutions for the organization
To be considered, you'll need:
* 8+ years of progressive experience in the infrastructure domain
You should also be able to articulate a track record that demonstrates:
* Excellent presentation, business, analytical, problem solving and communication skills
* Deep knowledge and experience with automation scripts and tools like VBScript, PowerShell, VRealize, CloudFormation etc. Must be able to drive continues automation of the infrastructure environment leveraging such technologies
* In-depth knowledge and experience working with one or more major IaaS Cloud services providers (AWS, Azure etc.). Must have the ability to design and implement future off-prem infrastructure environments on the selected Cloud platform
* Solid experience leading Infrastructure projects to success
* Solid experience with infrastructure subdomains and technologies including but not limited to: Cloud, virtualization, database storage, networking, security, datacenter, DR concepts and technologies etc.
* Experience with designing, implementing and managing AWS and Azure services
* Expert knowledge of Active Directory management both on and off-prem
* Expert experience in managing VMware based virtualized environments
* Expert knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL based database environments
* In-depth knowledge and experience of various infrastructure hardware platforms and management toolset; HP, Cisco UCS, NetApp, Cisco, etc.
* Experience with Automation scripts and infrastructure automation related tools such as VBScripts, PowerShell, CloudFormation, VRealize, SCCM, etc.
Loews Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V
Loews Corporation provides commercial property and casualty insurance in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and Singapore.