The Web Projects manager is responsible for overseeing the work of all project managers within the IB team. They ensure the Project Management team focuses on delivering solid customer service while providing comprehensive solutions to support the organization. The manager has the ability to focus on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture. In tandem with related IB management (including but not limited to Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Business Analyst Management) the Web Projects Manager holds the ultimate responsibility for the resulting quality of each project. The Web Project Manager will establish relationships and collaborate within the Internet Business team's management network, while connecting with project related Stakeholders, Sponsors, and Contributors.
Supports and participates in company's total quality process. While being a team leader, the Web Projects Manager often works with minimal supervision and frequently makes wise choices regarding their team, their workflow, and the advancement of Mouser's corporate policies and strategies.
Establish and maintain open, fluid and timely communications with all interested parties, stakeholders, and project team members. This could include all levels from Company Executives to individual contributors.
Champion, drive and aid in the evolution of Mouser's project lifecycle within IB including appropriate documentation standards and communications.
Works well under pressure, has great interpersonal skills and can juggle several different projects (while still maintaining focus on the most important task) and responsibilities with ease and composure.
Acts as a mentor and coach via proactive and timely support to the Internet Business Project team, which typically includes five or more staff members. Develops and provides feedback for annual performance reviews.
Facilitates cross-functional teams comprised of developers, designers, business analysts, quality assurance, and production operations.
Supports and Participates in the appropriate Software Development Lifecycle methodology, per the need of assets (projects, forecasts, trends). This may include assistance in the planning, implementation, and management of projects worked in a variety of work/delivery styles including Agile, Waterfall, JAD, and Iterative.
Establishes that all processes related to a project's completion are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner while simultaneously upholding the IB team's set of standards and policies.
Expedites the prioritization of projects and defects, oversees the software development lifecycle, manages communications, controls project scope, and coordinates team assignments with resource managers.
Develops and maintains project schedules, including tracking of all project tasks, dependencies and risks.
Performs schedule analysis and tracking, and utilizes critical path and variance analysis to provide project progress and dependency information for decision making by the Internet Business Software Development and associated management teams, and executive management.
Ensures timely and effective delivery of a quality and relevant solution into the production stream.
Presents complex topics effectively to senior management and business contacts.
Leverages numerous project management tools, methodologies, and technologies such as Azure DevOps, SAFe 4.6, Agile for Teams, Sharepoint, Slack, TFS, Trello, Jira, and Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office Applications (Visio, Excel, Word).
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Project Management, Software Engineering, Business Administration, or an associated field. Two to six years managing web-based software development projects.
* Certification in one or more of the following project management methods is preferred:
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Agile Certified Practitioner
* Certified Scrum Master
* Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.6) certifications including but not limited to: Product Owner or Manager, Release Train Engineer
* Experience with Lean and DevOps practices
Two to five years' experience in the Project Manager or Leader field
Demonstrated ability and/or experience in leading, influencing, and/or managing a team
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work up, down and across organizational levels.
* Adept at project and change management
* Ability to set and track goals.
* High level of organizational skills
* Solid leadership skills
* Makes independent decisions, takes the initiative, quick learner, organized, customer-focused, hands-on, pragmatic, while keeping strategic goals in mind.
* Excellent negotiation skills with business team members and vendors.
* Proven ability in conflict resolution while remaining calm in the face of opposition or tense situations.
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Desire to work in an energetic, fast-paced environment
* Financial and Business Acumen
* Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and teaching skills
* Demonstrated success in the leading, influencing and managing of people in a team-based environment
* Ability to organize and run effective meetings for gaining requirements and assessing progress
* Strong ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style
* Robust operations and problem-solving skills
* Capability to assess current practices, identify opportunities for improvement, build consensus and drive the implementation of related changes
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.