More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Manager, Technology FP&A, an individual contributor will report to the Senior Manager, FP&A and will partner with Technology organization. This is a highly visible role with extensive learning and robust development opportunity. The incumbent will have opportunity to significantly impact the direction of the both the Finance team and Technology organization.
This position will provide functional and analytical support to Finance, Technology, & Accounting. Responsibilities include:
* Build key relationships across the Technology organization to facilitate operational execution and accurate analytics within FP&A
* Support Senior Management reporting and presentations
* Responsible for running and reporting on project accounting on a monthly basis
* Support the financial lifecycle of Technology project accounting - including project setup, capitalization, close, reporting, and analysis
* Partner with Accounting and Technology to ensure an accurate and timely period end financial close.
* Create and enhance new controls and processes to mitigate risk and improve efficiencies
* Provide business and operational guidance to Accounting partners around close periods and in assistance with periodic analyses
* Ability to model data and financials to provide prospective views/what ifs
* Lead the monthly/quarterly/yearly budget and forecast for Application Development/Shared Services functions within the Technology organization
* Provide recurrent and ad-hoc analysis and reporting of financial results, KPI's, assist in creating new benchmarks and metrics to inform Finance and Technology leadership teams
* This role can sit in NYC or Alpharetta, GA
* 6 - 9 years of experience in a CFO/FP&A organization with preference for someone who has worked in the Technology Finance area or as a Business Manager in Technology
* Strong financial/analytical modeling and technical skills, particularly:
* Advanced Excel skills (e.g. nested statements, vlookups, Boolean expressions, array functions, table & data management, charting, Power Query, Power Pivot, etc.)
* PowerPoint and presentation construction/design
* Strong working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, and evaluation
* Dashboard design
* Experience with process efficiency and process design
* Familiar with portfolio and project management techniques and practices
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Inquisitive, someone who is comfortable challenging status quo and who has a sense of humor while doing it
* Can do attitude, positive and a great a team player with a sense of humor
* Takes ownership of whatever the project/task is at hand
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Ability to work and present at all levels of management, particularly in distilling complex analyses into meaningful messaging
* Ability to work independently and with various teams
* Must have acute attention to detail
* Experience in project management (leading projects with Technology) and managing cross functional initiatives
* Experience with Oracle Hyperion and Smart View/Smart Query a plus.
* Relational database experience
* Experience with Tableau & Tableau Prep
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.