United States of America
UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely position us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
UTC is committed to leading in the digital era and will unleash the size and scale of its businesses on the digital world of big data and the Internet of Things. We are looking for the very best thought and technology leaders who will help grow our team - In a vibrant, urban, oasis overlooking the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Come join us in this journey.
About United Technologies - NYSE UTX:
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, UTC is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology services and products for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced, aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Carrier Corporation. Otis is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Carrier is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the greenest companies in the world, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 200,000 employees globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Project Manager who will directly impact the next-generation of our services and products. Would you like to play a hands-on role in the development and design of new digital applications and improvements to our existing digital portfolio? You will be exposed to all software system components, including: the UI, backend systems, databases, performance tuning, security design, and mobile as well as desktop deployments. You will have the ability to grow your career, expand your skills, and explore new technologies within the context of our cross-discipline organization that is leading UTC's digital transformation.
The Digital Accelerator will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within an enterprise company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent to UTC's best-in-class services and products. Together we seek to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
Technical Project Managers are key members of our cross-functional team. You will combine your problem solving and analytical skills to identify, quantify, and tackle highly technical complex real-world problems by using best of breed digital technologies. You will work closely with UTC's engineering, data science, design, operations and product teams to challenge boundaries.
Working with the Associate Director, Project Management of the newly established UT Digital Accelerator, you should be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers and be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, innovation and management. You will lead Agile project teams in design, development, and management of digital products and services; from early conceptual definition, to design and development, through launch and adoption.
* Lead software development lifecycle activities for product teams
* Develop detailed task level SDLC plans and partner with the Project Manager and Technical Lead through all the phases of the life-cycle
* Ensure technical feasibility of implementing UI/UX requirements within project timelines
* Collaborate with Technical Lead and Resource Management to ensure resource assignments are collected and met
* Directly handle software development team resources, running sprints using Agile and cadence
* Lead IT infrastructure design and deployment (on-premises and cloud) and help architect digital solutions and products
* Lead user testing and report results-adjust requirements as needed
* Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action
* Bridge Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure alignment
* Build and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams to work effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by: evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements
* Co-lead the implementation, operation, support and maintenance of project legal, compliance, privacy, impact and risk assessments in collaboration with the International Trade Compliance team
* Consistently implement company standards, best practices and recommend new standards
* Actively mentor junior Technical Project Managers.
* 7+ years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience
* Full understanding of Agile software development life cycle.
* 1+ years of software development experience
* 2+ years of experience as Scrum Master on highly visible projects using the Agile methodology and working with highly skilled front and backend software engineers, along with UX designers, research analyst, data scientist and DevOps
* Familiarity with Java, Bash, Python, Go, Java Script, Polymer programming languages
* In depth knowledge of management of API, and cloud technologies like Microsoft's Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud
* Strong knowledge of CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver Cloud Solutions, like GIT, Docker, Jenkins, VSTS
* Experience with building stable and performant infrastructure platforms
* Knowledge of databases including MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop & Elasticsearch
* Proficiency with various Agile and collaboration tools like Aha, Confluence, Jira and Rally
* Experience with web application project development, including basic understanding of web and DB architecture, application documentation, execution of manual and automated testing
* Ability to travel to business locations (primarily domestic) 20% of the time
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related technical field
* Agile certification required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms