Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager Technical Development to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and external candidates interested in being based in one of the cities listed within this posting.
* Work closely with Project Managers, IT and business management on multiple development projects
* Provide comprehensive consultation to both business unit and IT management and staffs at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development cycle
* Accountable for the effectiveness, quality and the timeliness of project design decisions and how easily these solutions can be implemented
* Provide day to day technical administration including upgrades and release management, analyze log files, config file changes, installation and configuration documents (runbook), upgrade validation/testing, change control, technical issue/problem resolution
* Oversee the maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, and installation
* Document and test using proven industry standard code analyzing tools, implementing and providing ongoing support for the applications
* Minimum of five years of experience as a primary Technical Development Lead on medium to large size application development projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
* In-depth and hands-on knowledge of the system development life-cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and application program development technological alternatives
* Proficient in industry standard best practices, which include but are not limited to Coding Standards, Coding modularity/Re-use, Application Design/Prototypes, and Coding analyzer/profiling Toolsets
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; Able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work
* Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.