At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you…keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Survivability Section Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, California. (Survivability, as used in this discussion is the application of technology and techniques which render an air vehicle or other system undetectable or nearly undetectable to current and future sensing systems. This is a specialty area within Systems Engineering.)
You will lead a growing team of Survivability Specialty engineers in Palmdale and Redondo Beach, California, supporting requirements definition and analysis, technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems across multiple programs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5 years of systems engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in STEM field and 3 years of systems engineering experience
* Experience with leading small teams
* Experience with RCS development tools, such as analysis/modeling tools, LO materials and their application, LO models, testing, and data analysis
* An active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years
* The ability to obtain Program Access
* Current access to SAP/SAR programs
* Bachelor degree in a STEM field from an accredited university with 9 years systems engineering experience or a Masters degree in a STEM field from an accredited university with 7 years experience in systems engineering
* Experience leading a Survivability Systems Engineering Team with DOORS requirements management tool
* Experience with RCS predictive analysis/modeling tools
* Experience with predictive models such as system level LO budget tools
* Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
* An active DoD Top Secret clearance (background investigation no more than 6 years old)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.