The Midas Administrator System Lead will primarily be responsible for supporting and maintaining the Midas+ system application within CHRISTUS Health. The lead will provide technical and application oversight to the maintenance, evaluation and implementation of the application in addition to providing more complex troubleshooting assistance to end users. This role will provide expert application knowledge, project implementation and report development in support of the directives assigned to the department. The lead will also serves as a liaison between leadership, clinical users and Information Management.
A. Ensures system operation, quality assurance and system back up. Investigates system failure and initiates corrective solutions. Manages quarterly/annual maintenance of roles/work lists/indicators.
B. Defines levels of system security, monitors access, coordinates setups and maintains the integrity of system operations. Ensures change control procedures are followed and monitors compliance. Documents all changes to the system and obtains written approval from the System Manager and/or regulatory agencies.
C. Maintains system table/dictionaries and ensures they meet the requirements of leadership, ministries, and information systems.
D. Interfaces with Information Management and vendor to test, implement, monitor new software releases, products, patches, and system changes during pre/post implementations. Develop work and test plans for technical/joint projects, coordinates the scheduling of system down times and upgrades with Information Services.
E. Provides first-line assistance for system users/groups and coordinates communication internally and with vendor for system changes, updates and notifications.
F. Provides analysis and design for the Midas+ application/products and streamlines processes. Design mechanisms for data entry, abstraction, and collection from multiple databases.
G. Leads Midas+ builds including, modules, dashboard indicators, focus studies, RDE's and electronic scorecard metrics. Fulfills ad-hoc report requests and develops reports as needed.
H. Participates in all aspects of system life cycle development by meeting with users to develop scope, gather requirements, and create workflows as needed. Uses the Midas+ products to build requested processes, data collection tools, reports, and supports the project and users pre/post-implementations.
I. Participates in site preparation for accreditation, review processes and provides documentation to regulatory agencies.
J. Assesses incoming requests, prioritize project queue, allocates resources and manages project implementation.
K. Manages and delivers on expectations around project activities, timelines, and deliverables.
L. Oversees and facilitates ad-hoc in-person and/or webinar training sessions for new, existing users and report writers. Determines the need for additional on-site training from the vendor. Creates and updates training manuals and resources.
M. Documents, monitors and communicates all Midas+ system application progress and issues.
N. Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and developments. Attends Midas webinars/user groups on upcoming or new products as requested and recommends system enhancements to ensure maintenance of the Midas application.
O. Demonstrates a commitment to self-improvement as systems lead by actively developing the professional and technical competencies assigned
P. Continuously evaluates and maintains chosen application tool(s) for alignment with regulations within the CHRISTUS Health System Office:
* Alignment with value based imperative metrics
* Consistency with data governance definitions and processes
* Collaborates with CHRISTUS Health tool Administrator/stakeholders, as needed for software upgrades and other changes to the tool environment to meet the needs of CHRISTUS Health users
* Serves as a resource for tool management
* Modifies or removes inappropriate or inaccurate tool content
Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties. Carries out other duties as assigned from time to time by the System Director Health Outcomes & Analytics. This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required. Major course work in Computer Science, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, or Business Administration or other related discipline preferred. Master's Degree in related discipline preferred.
* Five years of work experience within a hospital or health system decision support or information systems environment.
* Five years of Midas+ System enhancement, modification, and project management/implementation experience required.
* Ability to educate staff on Midas systems and serve as expert resource for all Midas system related questions.
* Advanced to expert knowledge of the following is r:
* Midas+ and Midas DataVision (Report Track, Smart Track)
* Crystal Report
* Prior experience or knowledge of the Healthcare industry is required.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal), and attention to detail to effectively disseminate essential information throughout the health system at multiple levels:
* Internal: Department management, clinical staff, multi-disciplinary teams, Information Services, and executive management.
* External: Other healthcare systems/organizations, system vendors, database organizations, healthcare benchmarking agencies, Regulatory Agencies, and Health Care Institutions and Associations.
* Understanding of data/information management in a Healthcare environment.
* Expert knowledge of relational databases.
* Ability to query complex, large data sets.
* Ability to create standardized action plans for system and process improvement.
* Handles multiple and potentially conflicting assignments, demands and priorities to meet deadlines.
* Experience with conducting data validity audits.
* Demonstrated experience in discussing/evaluating data with all levels of leadership, as well as teaching peers and developing standardized action plans for process improvement.
* Experience working with teams as members and leaders.
* Experience with quality improvement/Lean/Six Sigma preferred.
* Deals effectively, calmly, and professionally with conflict-related and/or emotional situations.
* Treats everyone with respect and professionalism at all times in all interactions, both written and verbal.
* Ability to travel within the health system to various corporate offices, ministries, and other non-acute care facilities.
* Midas+ System Administrator certification