Passionate about massively scalable systems? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? Experienced in building and leading highly-competent cross-functional support teams? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we? We, the Sortation Services and Products organization (SSP), build technology responsible for the flow of packages through the nodes in Amazon's worldwide transportation network. We build visibility and forecasting platforms that enable Operations to monitor and refine their volume, staffing, and network layout to optimize operational processes and the time & cost of delivering packages to our customers. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet, using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. Our systems process millions of packages a day and ensure that Amazon can meet the customer delivery promise.
What will you do?
The SSP Support team you build will own engineering support, support tool development and major cross-org operational initiatives. You own the overall effort for analysis, mitigation and elimination of customer-impacting events through continuous improvement of our software, operations, processes, and UX improvements. The cross-functional team you build and lead will:
* Work on Operations and maintenance-driven coding projects. Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance. Know and use key customer resolution tools across all service groups to facilitate rapid resolution of customer concerns
* Drive org-wide operational readiness for major launches and events such as Prime Day and Q4 Peak.
* Serve as the frontline customer support team for all SSP services and products. Manage customer tickets and escalations and support tens of thousands of operators and managers across the transportation network.
* Track recurring customer issues into actionable engineering requests and advocate for customer features and requirements within SSP and the Transportation org.
* Collaborate with software engineering teams to problem-solve critical software production issues, provide technical guidance and troubleshoot operational challenges, and streamline customer support processes
* Create SSP technical knowledge base
* Develop processes for coordinating and training the customers on new functionality.
* Work with the global support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues.
* Assist in the preparation and launching of new software projects.
The ideal candidate must have strong operational, leadership, technical and communication skills. You must be detail-oriented, be able to juggle multiple stakeholders at once, work independently, maintain professionalism under pressure. You will need to identify problems before they happen, and drive robust processes, accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, and work to improve customer experience.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.