Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Amobee is seeking an experienced Manager/Sr. Manager to lead our Applied Science team based in Redwood City.
The mission of the Applied Science team is to use data to improve the economic performance of cross-channel advertising campaigns, including the user experience.This team is responsible for researching, inventing, designing, building, and maintaining our prediction, optimization, experimentation, and analytics technology that power millions of decisions for ad impressions each second. This position offers a unique opportunity to apply the analytic power of a team of PhD data scientists to bear on real-world problems; providing you with a highly visible opportunity to translate theory into practice.
We are seeking an individual that wants to innovate - creating and applying technologies in several exciting cutting-edge areas: machine learning, constrained optimization, control systems, auction theory, game theory, collaborative filtering, experiment design, and information retrieval to name a few.
You should be comfortable leading teams of ~8 PhD level statisticians, engineers and computer scientists.
* Provide vision and motivation to the team.
* Attract, develop and promote analytic talent and grow the technical and design capabilities of the Applied Science team.
* Mentor and groom the members in the Applied Science team to the next level of scientist who can apply scientific methods, processes, algorithms to build capabilities and insights to continue improving business functions.
* Manage the design and development of predictive models using the statistical and ML techniques applied to first, second and third party data.
* Work across the organization to define and manage quarterly high level initiatives and related goals in the research areas, build prototypes and advanced machine learning models various types of available data
* Supervise the work of the Applied Sciences team - overseeing architectural and design decisions, and guide the quarterly science team plan through the execution.
* Manage the investigation into performance queries generated by customer-facing parts of the organizations.
* Communicate the current and future work of the team.
* Own full accountability for technical design and delivery of the platform components
* 3+ years as an engineering manager or architect
* Broad and solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design and distributed systems. PhD in Computer Science preferred or direct and related hands-on experience and leadership from AD Tech industry in Data Science with emphasis in algorithm, ML and AI.
* Proven ability to transfer ideas and capabilities between research and experimental environments and fully applied operational environments
* Experience and/or expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
* Demonstrated technical leadership, including creative problem solving. Ability to provide technical thought leadership at various organizational levels.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Previous experience in the advertising industry
* Knowledge of Big Data, Java, Hadoop, Spark, Python, Pig, R, and other open source technologies
* Startup experience
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Amobee is a global digital marketing technology company.