At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Solutions Architecture team is looking for a Manager focused on specialist solutions architecture to join us in building our North America (NA) Telco Technology Office (TTO) in New York, NY. In this role, you will guide a team of technical presales experts responsible for supporting field sales teams covering key service provider accounts across the U.S. You will lead the team in positioning Red Hat's solutions and services to end customers and partners. As a manager, you will collaborate with sales management as well as the Consulting, Engineering, and Support teams to meet company-outlined sales objectives and assist your team in developing and delivering business-facing messaging on technical subjects. You will travel to coach employees, meet customers, and participate in account planning. You will report to the Solutions Architecture Leader for NA Telco.
Primary job responsibilities
* Oversee hiring and career development for a team of specialist solutions architects
* Collaborate with the NA Telco leadership team on customer engagement strategies
* Build team's technical expertise in Red Hat's emerging technology, complementary and competing technology, and telco industry use cases
* Build and monitor TTO engagement processes to qualify and prioritize opportunities
* Provide and oversee presales technical support in sales presentations and demonstrations of our offerings
* Work with marketing and product managers to provide feedback on Red Hat's solutions
* 7+ years of technical experience, including enterprise IT architecture or development
* Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent technical training or experience
* Knowledge of current IT trends and best practices; training and mentoring for Red Hat's solutions will be available to you
* Ability to develop excellent consultative, written, and verbal communication skills with training and mentoring
* Ability to work on your own in a fast-growing environment
* Knowledge of telco industry, trends, and key use cases
* Experience guiding and coaching customer-facing technical team members in best practices, processes and procedures, and professional growth
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.