Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical leader to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, partner-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring a technical leader for our Partner Solutions Architecture team.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Thought leadership - looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers - and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your teams to executive management.
As the right candidate, you will have past experience managing a team of Solutions Architects and working on large scale computing projects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history" so it's important that you love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
* In partnership with the partner team, formulate and execute a channel strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
* Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
* Support multiple teams and hire and develop technical leaders to manage those teams
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
* Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
* Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.