Go (Golang) is one of the most recent additions to the modern programming language landscape. Go is self-described as an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. Go enables developers to build robust and efficient software with conciseness, simplicity, and safety. Finding an elite Manager of Go developers involves more than just finding a good programmer - it involves finding someone who understands the language, its idioms and more.
Here at ZipRecruiter we are looking for a great Manager, Engineer for our Go team who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language's unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax. Your primary focus will be on managing developers who are developing Go packages and programs that are scalable and maintainable while also being hands on as a developer yourself. You will ensure that these Go packages and programs are well documented and has a reasonable test coverage. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
* Managing and leading software engineers and projects
* Leading the hiring and building of the Go team
* Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
* Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
* Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient microservices distributed architecture
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years of managing and leading software development teams
* 7+ years of experience in software engineering
* Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
* Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
* Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including: Dependency management tools (Godep, Sltr, etc), Go's templating language, Go's code generation tools (Stringer, Revel), Router packages (Gorilla Mux)
* Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
* Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
Benefits & Perks:
* A fun work environment
* Opportunities for advancement as our young company grows
* Competitive salary
* Generous bonus plan
* Employer-matched 401(k) plan
* Competitive benefits package
* Healthy snacks
* Local gym discount
* Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.
ZipRecruiter is an online job board that streamlines the hiring process through an interface of screening and tracking applicants.