Manager - Software Engineering
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
GPS SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER:
Supervises and coordinates the activities of highly technical software engineers doing real-time embedded C software development for GPS receivers. This is not a firmware management position. Candidates must have a proven track record of implementing software development best practices while leading their team through all aspects of software development including DOD proposals, requirements, preliminary and detailed design, implementation, unit and system integration testing, qualification, production release, transition to manufacturing and maintenance. Must be able to assess items presented for peer review and customer submission, provide superior technical input, have an in-depth understanding of the benefits and downsides of various software architecture decisions, be able to perform technical studies of items such as operating systems, languages and tools, and identify the software tasks and develop the basis of estimates for proposals
Candidates must have experience assigning work to meet contractual commitments, developing schedules, managing development budgets, schedules and technical accomplishments within an earned value management system (EVMS), excellent judgment when assessing technical and program priorities and the ability to adapt technical scope and assignments to meet changing needs.
The successful candidate will operate with limited supervision, manage assignments with broad objectives, and have full technical and administrative responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Candidates must be capable of estimating staffing needs, providing career opportunities for staff within the available activities, and establishing employee goals and assessing individual performance against those goals.
You will demonstrate success by having:
* The ability to rapidly learn the complex SW architecture and GPS user equipment SW components.
* Prior GPS, standard user host interface, hands on lab experience, signal processing or navigation user equipment background is strongly desired.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in a Technical Discipline such as Software Engineering, Software Development, Computer Engineering, Engineering and Applied Science, Computer Science, EE, Physics or Math plus 5 or more years experience with emphasis in embedded real-time software engineering and a minimum of 3 years management experience as a supervisor, team leader, or project manager in embedded software engineering.
* Platform experience should include Windows, C/C , GCC.
* Experience with DOORS, DOD product lifecycle management processes, knowledge of software methodologies such as Structured Analysis/Design and/or Object Oriented Technologies and UML.
* Practical experience leading teams using Agile/SCRUM, Certified Scrum Master and/ or Certified Product Owner is a plus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Special Requirements: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required for this position.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.