Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Software Engineer (Full Stack Java)
As a Master Engineer at Capital One, you'll work on everything related to building cloud native enterprise data platforms. We are using cutting-edge open source frameworks like property graphs and RDF, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll get an opportunity to work in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Spark, Kafka, AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, Hadoop, Scala, NoSQL databases, relational databases, graph databases, Java, REST, JSON, HTML5, CSS, and Chef to name a few.
What you'll do:
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
* Continuously improve software engineering practices
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 5 years of full-stack Java application development experience
* At least 5 years of experience in developing APIs
* At least 5 years of experience working with relational or graph databases
* At least 5 years' experience in Cloud technologies
* At least 5 years' experience in Build and CICD technologies GitHub, Maven, Jenkins or Nexus
* At least 5 years' experience in Quality Assurance technologies JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
* At least 5 years' experience in Unix Shell Scripting
* At least 5 years' experience with HP JMeter, ELK, CloudWatch or Zabbix
* At least 5 years' experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe or Kanban
* At least 5 years' experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
* At least 5 years using Spring or Jersey for public cloud deployment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.