T-Mobile's environment transformation team manages a wide variety of technologies and toolsets necessary for building, managing and operating all development environments. We build the tools and platforms that form the underlying fabric on which the development environments operate. We build operations capabilities and service management for environments like health and performance monitoring, log aggregation, change and release management, infrastructure automation, etc.
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Do strive facing challenges that redefine industry-wide operations models?
We are looking for a dynamic and high performing software development manager within Technology Engineering and Transformation (TEQ) to work with software development and program delivery experience, to bring their experience and expertise and lead a team of high performing engineers in building and delivering the next generation of fully-autonomous test environments.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Minimum 7 years' experience involvement and management of large scale systems applications and environments.
* Management/leadership of operational or project management resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of operational work for 4 large projects.
* Minimum 3 years' experience supporting development and day to day operations of large scale application(s) a definite plus.
As a Software Development Manager in Environment Transformation you will provide technical leadership to delivery of new environments and capabilities, driving a team that is aligned to ITSM and ITIL pillars. You will manage the delivery roadmap of new transformation capabilities and features, manage the work load, assignment and delivery for new build requests, contribute to environment transformation strategy, help develop your team and champion transformation initiatives to stakeholders and customers.
We encourage customer focus and expect high level of ownership throughout!
* Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing both full time employees and contingent workers
* Hands-on experience managing and delivering large Agile projects with a good understanding of best practices in SCRUM application
* Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems
* Advanced understanding and demonstrates application of best practice principles
* Good understanding of product ownership and product lifecycle management practices
* Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one
* Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes
* Proven ability to plan large efforts in small bundles and short sprints maintaining continuous delivery and cumulative value for the business
* Able to build and leverage strong relationships with both internal and external partners
* Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, self-directed environment required
* Experience in working with interfacing technologies and their responsible teams, to efficiently resolve interconnection issues in production and non-production environments
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.