Want to lead a team on the cutting edge of one of the most exciting advancements in technology, Image Search?
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers' imagery search.
Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will provide them with the intelligence to surface only the most relevant content to them, and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher, proficient in Boolean search query language.
Getty Images contains hundreds of millions of images; your job is to help customers identify and discover only the highest quality and most relevant content for their brand, campaign, or side-project. You will both lead and contribute to the growing world of visual intelligence, as well as help build a world-class sorting and recommendation engine that can capture and manifest the style and concepts of our customers' imaginations.
This role requires extreme familiarity with the industry of Search, and combines the their coaching/management skills with their passion and knowledge of search in order to help drive Getty Images forward with relevance algorithms, image search, and natural language processing. The successful candidate will work very closely with product management, content, data science, and senior technology leaders to deliver cutting edge, impactful changes with speed and urgency, and will inspire those around them to raise the bar.
* Lead the Search team to deliver innovative and customer-impacting products
* Grow, Retain, and Acquire exceptional people
* Identify and remove obstacles in the way from achieving the fastest path to value
* Live and reinforce a Learn/Fail Fast culture
* Be a great partner to multiple cross-functional groups, with a singular focus on providing the best experience for our customers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Expert knowledge and experience working with large-scale Search technologies, such as Solr, ElasticSearch, etc
* Minimum of 8 plus years relevant and/or management experience in this field
* Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment
* Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
* Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications and managing costs and budgets
* Track record of hiring and growing highly talented individuals
Education and Certifications
* B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent
* Master's Degree preferred
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.