We're having fun building technology that delights customers, empowers app developers, and propels Amazon Appstore. We're re-thinking money, and if you're up for it, you can help.
Amazon Coins is a virtual currency and reward system for Amazon Appstore. We are the engine of Appstore loyalty on Kindle Fire and especially third-party Android devices. That means we need to turn all of the data we have into a dynamic, algorithmic system that produces the right reward at the right time, for every customer.
These are challenging problems, involving large-scale data engineering, machine learning, AWS, and Android. We need to build and operate these systems at massive scale with 100% reliability. We're looking for a talented, passionate Software Development Manager to lead a team of developers to invent the next generation of Coins.
We have a tight-knit team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and project and product managers. The pace of development and delivery is fast and uninterrupted. You will work directly with product managers and engineers to scope, design, and deliver new features continuously. Amazon Coins operates in eight countries worldwide, and is critical path for purchasing within the Appstore. You need to have a strong focus on customer experience, operational excellence, and technical debt elimination.
You need to have a passion for mobile gaming, virtual currency, and/or data-driven software systems. You need to enjoy wearing gold chains, and be willing to wear a kurigami animal onesie to work on occasion. And most importantly, you gotta have grit; you must never, ever give up.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Recruiting, onboarding, training, evaluating, coaching, and promoting software engineers.
* Collaborating with data science and automation teams to deliver high-scale Appstore features
* Technical vision and leadership
* Roadmap and project management, backlog generation and prioritization
* Maintaining operational excellence, and identifying key issues and eliminating operational burden through continuous improvement
* Providing food, nerf guns, and other swag to the team
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.