Manager - SFCC Engineering-1
Robert Half is seeking a Salesforce Engineering Manager reporting directly to the Engineering Director and leading one or more teams of highly skilled software engineers primarily working on our Salesforce-based solutions. Having rolled out one of the world's 10 largest Salesforce instances, our engineering teams use the core Salesforce platform, Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud and a wide variety of other tools to deliver cutting-edge solutions for both internal and external users.
We're looking for someone who can provide leadership and technical guidance to the team(s), who understands what it takes to build and lead world-class teams of engineers and who will never stop looking for ways to improve the team's execution and the quality of their output. If you have a passion for delivering great solutions and are as enthusiastic about the Salesforce platform as we are, this is the next job you should apply for.
* 5+ years of Team Leadership, Supervisory or Management experience overseeing enterprise application development including:
* the formation and management of diverse teams (eg on-site & remote, employees, contractors & consultants)
* handling hiring, promotions, performance evaluation, etc
* Vendor management (SOWs, POs, etc)
* experience in a variety of software development methodologies (agile / hybrid / waterfall)
* 5+ years of experience as an application developer
* Ability to engage in detailed discussions with engineers and others, both at a high level (eg strategy, architecture and design) and low level (individual items of code and configuration)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong preference for applicants with experience with the core Salesforce platform, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Service Cloud or other parts of the Salesforce ecosystem.
* Capable of and willing to learn new technologies in support of established and newly-identified business needs.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
* Application Development , Testing, Support and Maintenance of Public-, Field- and Corporate-facing applications.
* Manages team time and availability in order to deliver projects on-time and within budget.
* Engages with business owners and department counterparts, project delivery, project managers, and project sponsors in the business to
* formulate acceptable delivery timelines
* discuss tactical and strategic objectives.
* understand, clarify, and document the objectives and success factors for business-based project initiatives.
* Collaborates and consults with IT verticals, managers, and business owners as appropriate in providing support during the solution delivery and application support phases.
* Provides technical guidance in ensuring optimal execution and implementation of maintenance and enhancement work with applications supported.
* Provides updates, guidance and recommendations related to technology solutions and related projects to supervisor and staff, impacted teams, and IT Sr Management.
* Partners with and obtains feedback from technical discipline owners and experts to maintain a clear understanding and awareness of current technical standards and direction; provides feedback on standards based on project experiences and user needs.
* Participates in and leads project estimating efforts as well providing input into the continuous improvement of the delivery estimating model.
* Collaborates with management of Production/Operations team in fixing production issues.
* Establishes Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensures that all applications that are running in various environments meet or exceed stated SLAs.
* Interacts with customers and staff on technical design issues and resolutions.
* Personnel Supervision/Management
* Responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, onboarding, firing, promotion, development, discipline, and employee compensation.
* Provides coaching, guidance, mentoring to team members as appropriate.
* Establishes, leads, manages and develops an effective and collaborative team.
* Leads effective collaboration not only in immediate team but also with other IT verticals, dev teams, and business partners.
* Understands and manages department and Robert Half personnel practices/policies; keeps direct reports and staff updated on general Corporate information.
* Makes resource requirement and headcount recommendations based upon analysis and presents to vertical directors and business unit management for final decisions.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.